How You Can Help...

You are the one with the most influence with Members of Congress. It only takes a few minutes to send a message and your message could be the one that makes the difference between securing funding or not.

The most important thing you can do is communicate frequently with your elected representative. Below are links to Members in the House and Senate. Because of the volume of mail that they receive daily, Members will only accept correspondence from their own constituents. If your Representative is not from one of the states listed below you can click here to locate his/her contact information. We need to educate all Members of Congress about the importance of the waterway to the nation.

Contact information can be found at the links below or by going to the House or Senate web sites.

  • We recommend using e-mail or fax to contact your elected Representative because security procedures can delay mail sent through the postal service.

  • Address your letters to Dear Congressman (name): or Dear Senator (name):

  • Be brief and specific about what you are asking them to do.

  • Be sure to provide your contact information and don’t forget to thank them for their help.

The House and Senate Energy & Water Development subcommittees are responsible for securing additional funding for the waterway in the Appropriations Bill. Members of these subcommittees need to hear from AIWW supporters. Click here to send a message to the Senate subcommittee. You may contact the House subcommittee by faxing a letter to (202) 225-1566. Every message is recorded and counted so the more messages the committee receives, the more likely they are to grant our request.