ATLANTIC INTRACOASTAL WATERWAY ASSOCIATION
2018 ANNUAL MEETING
Each November, the The Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway Association sponsors a meeting to focus on topics of interest to our members. We bring together our members, the US Army Corps of Engineers, NOAA, US Coast Guard, MARAD, elected officials, business leaders and others who have a stake in the waterway. Our meetings cover a series of topics that are important to waterway users. This year, we are excited to welcome presentations on the following topics:
- State of the Waterway in 2018, including hurricane recovery efforts
- Jekyll Island, Georgia Thin-Layer Placement Demonstration Project
- Dredge Material Management- How do we better manage this resource?
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Engineering with Nature Initative
- Presentations from our federal partners at NOAA, U.S. Coast Guard, MARAD and Federal Highway Administration
- Compliance with the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation Management Act for Maintenance Dredging
- A Discussion on State of the Art Usage of Geophysics for Dredging
We are also looking forward to the participation of:
Brigadier General Diana Holland, USACE- South Atlantic Division Commander (invited)
Lt. Colonel. Jeffrey Palazzini, USACE- Charleston District Commander
Mayor John Tecklenburg, City of Charleston
We would also like to thank our Annual Meeting Sponsors and Exhibitors. Additional Sponsorship and Exhibit opportunities are available here.
Online Event Registration is available through this link. The registration rate is $275 for members and $300 for non-members prior to October 15, 2018. After October 15th, all registrations will be $325 and we also have one-day registrations available.
Hotel Registration is also available at the Hyatt Place + Hyatt House. We have secured rates of $179 per night so please reference the AIWA Annual Meeting when making your reservation at 1-800-993-4751.
November 15-16, 2018
Hyatt Place + Hyatt House Historic District Hotel
560 King Street
Charleston, SC 29403